We’re hiring a Finance Manager August 16, 2022
We are currently looking for a Finance Manager to join our Backbone North America team and play a fundamental part in our organization, and our event productions. The Finance Manager should thereby have excellent communication and analytical skills. The manager should also have a deep commercial awareness, have an investigative nature, and a strong problem-solving- and numeracy skills.
The Finance Manager will work closely with and support the Director of Finance on company and all its subsidiaries financial reporting, closings, internal and external audits. Assist on day-to-day company operations, not limited to; reviewing legal contracts, company policies, state registrations + compliance, permits, tax filings, insurance filings, claims, renewals, visa applications, employee company policies, general administrative tasks, along with other miscellaneous tasks.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Prepare cash flow reports, budgets + reconciliations, monthly, quarterly and annually
• Sales tax reporting to external accountant, monthly, quarterly and annually
• Prepare and generate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports, P&L, Balance Sheet, General Ledger, Trial Balance, Journal Entries not limited to, audit reporting
• Prepare, generate, and distribute annual 1099’s + W2’s
• Assist + review event employee, subcontractor, vendor- and client contracts
• Assist on event vendor onboarding
• Assist on event budget closings and reporting
• Prepare and generate all event closing P&L reports
• Prepare and generate all expense reconciliations for event closings
• Prepare and keep updated all client quotes, change orders and closing actual worksheets
• Manage event client billing
• Manage all new state registrations + current state maintenance
• Manage all state SUI and monopolistic state worker’s compensation accounts
• Manage compliancy in all state payroll, policies, and labor laws
• Manage all worker’s compensation claims and event incident reports
• With the support of the Finance Director +, optimize and update financial reporting tools.
Skills & Qualifications:
• Background in financial or accounting, production, event operations, 5+ years of experience
• Bachelor’s degree in finance or related field preferred
• Demonstrated strategic planning experience
• Experience in managing budget and forecasting
• Experience in providing data analysis and producing reports
• High level experience with financial and/or accounting software, including Microsoft office.
• Strong communication skills
• Work independently, meet critical deadlines, efficiently, proactively, with accuracy, prioritizing tasks and time management
• Work remotely or in NYC office location, possible onsite for events, able to travel for business meetings
Salary and benefits:
• Competitive pay, with remote work option
• Paid time off
• Sick leave
• Observance of National Holidays
• Travel may be needed from time to time
• Flexible schedule
Are you the finance wizard we’re looking for?
Send us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org